One of the key R&D areas that DSI focuses on is Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) technology. With our strong capabilities in materials science, device physics, integrated circuit (IC) design, nanofabrication, and device testing, DSI’s research enables the implementation of novel NVM architectures with high speed, high endurance, and low power consumption. Our capabilities are further enhanced with the integration of NVM-specific coding and signal processing algorithms and storage controllers, for the realization of more energy-efficient NVM-based data centers.
The mission of DSI’s NVM program includes developing advanced NVM technology, filing intellectual property and promoting industry collaboration and investment in Singapore.
Overview of NVM integration capabilities
Our NVM technologies consist of:
- Spin Transfer Torque Magnetic Random Access Memory (STT-MRAM)
- Phase Change Random Access Memory (PCRAM)
- Resistive Memory
- Coding and Signal Processing
- NVM Testing and Integration
- Integrated Circuit Design for NVM memory arrays